Preparing to Attend FLCC
Congratulations on your acceptance to FLCC! Now that you've been accepted, it's time for you to enroll as a student at FLCC. To enroll here, you'll need to take care of a few simple things.
First: Activate your WebAdvisor Account
Begin the enrollment process by activating your WebAdvisor account. WebAdvisor is an online portal that allows you to access all types of FLCC-related information. Through WebAdvisor, you'll confirm your enrollment, schedule testing and registration appointments, check your financial aid status, print your schedule, view your grades, and much more.
To create your WebAdvisor account:
- Visit WebAdvisor and click on "Guest Access."
- Click "Obtain My User ID and Password" in the left column under the "User Account" heading.
- Enter your last name and FLCC ID number (found in your acceptance letter) or your social security number, and follow the tasks to obtain your temporary password. Your temporary password will be emailed to you, but we recommend that you also write it down. (Don’t select mail.fingerlakes.edu as your email address)
Next: Complete the enrollment checklist for newly accepted students in WebAdvisor
After activating your WebAdvisor account, you'll be asked to complete FLCC's enrollment checklist in WebAdvisor for newly accepted students. Items that are on the checklist include: applying for financial aid, scheduling testing and registration appointments, returning your certificate of immunization, paying your tuition bill, and submitting a certificate of residence. Please complete these enrollment checklist items as soon as possible. For any questions you may have, please contact the One Stop Center at (585)785-1000.
Don't Forget to Send Us Your Transcripts
FLCC needs your high school and/or college transcripts to advise on course registration and matriculate you into your degree program. Final, official transcripts showing date of graduation are required prior to the start of classes.
Students must request a copy directly from the high school and/or college(s) attended (check the school's website for transcript request instructions). The high school and/or college(s) should issue the official transcript to FLCC by:
- Electronic submission to firstname.lastname@example.org by an online service (i.e. eScript or Parchment)
- Fax to (585) 785-1734 (high school documents only)
- Physical mail to: Office of Admissions, Finger Lakes Community College, 3325 Marvin Sands Drive, Canandaigua, NY 14424
Students may submit their scores by mail, email, or fax. The Admissions Office will verify passing status through the NYS GED verification web site once the official score is published.
FLCC offers a Home School verification form - to be completed by the superintendent of the school district. The student or school district may return it to the FLCC Admissions Office. Forms are available upon request. Please email the admissions office at email@example.com. If the school district offers a letter of verification, it should be mailed by the school district directly to FLCC.
Finally: Learn about housing, services, and activities!
Housing near FLCC
Please note that the housing application is separate from the admissions process, and that acceptance to FLCC does not include or secure housing accommodations. For more information about housing options, contact the Office of Housing and Residential Life at (585)785-1643.
Learn more about services for FLCC online students (such as purchasing textbooks, career services, and transfer services).