Apply to FLCC
FLCC is an open enrollment college that accepts new students year-round. Complete your application in minutes — with no application fee! We review applications as we receive them, so you'll hear back from us quickly.
FLCC may request additional documents depending on your circumstances.
Proof of High School Equivalency
Provide proof of high school completion in one of the following ways:
- Official high school transcript showing graduation dates
- Official college transcript that includes degree completion (associate or bachelor's)
- G.E.D. or T.A.S.C. score report
- Home schooled students must submit a verification form to provide proof of substantial equivalency. You must complete this form with your district superintendent.
Your high school and/or college should send your official transcript(s) directly to FLCC:
- Electronically: firstname.lastname@example.org (high school documents only) or an online service such as Parchment
- Fax: (585) 785-1734 (high school documents only)
- Mail: Office of Admissions, Finger Lakes Community College, 3325 Marvin Sands Drive, Canandaigua, NY 14424
Earn High School Equivalency
Our High School Equivalency (HSE) program provides no-cost training and preparation to sit for the General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.) exam. After successfully completing the G.E.D., you'll receive your HSE diploma from the NYSED.
Learn more about our G.E.D. preparation classes.
Enroll in Our 24-Credit Hour Program
FLCC's 24-Credit Hour Program is a way to earn college credit and a High School Equivalency diploma at the same time. You can use these credits toward an associate degree or certificate as well.
Students participating in the 24-Credit Hour Program may apply for NY state aid but cannot receive federal financial aid. Once you earn your NYS HSE diploma, you can receive both federal and state aid, if eligible.
To pursue the 24-Credit Hour Program, you must:
- Submit an FLCC Application for Admission.
- Score at or above the minimum level on the Ability to Benefit Test.
Ability to Benefit testing is available remotely or at the main FLCC campus in Canandaigua. To schedule an exam appointment, please contact the Testing Coordinator at email@example.com and request the Ability to Benefit Test.
If you have any questions regarding testing or program requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Office at (585) 785-1268.
Candidates interested in the following programs should select and complete the FLCC nursing application:
- A.A.S. in Nursing — Traditional Entry
- A.A.S. in Nursing — LPN to RN Accelerated Option
- A.S. in Health Care Studies: Healthcare Track — Nursing Intent (prerequisite coursework)
Review our Nursing Admission page for details on all requirements, and to determine your eligibility.
More Admissions Options
Looking to Take a Course or Two?
No application needed if you just want to take a course or two. If you're not seeking a degree or financial aid, please follow the non-degree seeking student registration process for the term you wish to start.
Easy Re-Enrollment within 6 Years
If you have attended FLCC in a degree or certificate program within the past six years, you do not need to reapply to FLCC. You can re-matriculate easily by completing our re-matriculation application.
Undocumented students are eligible to apply for admission to FLCC and may also be eligible to apply for financial aid. For additional information, visit FLCC's Dream Act website.
You've made a great decision to explore FLCC for your studies. Visit our International Student Admissions page to learn about our application process, and next steps.
Finger Lakes Community College does not discriminate in its employment and educational processes. View our nondiscrimination notice.
Middle States Accreditation
Finger Lakes Community College is a public, open access institution within the State University of New York (SUNY) system. Finger Lakes Community College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, 267-284-5000. Finger Lakes Community College accreditation status was reaffirmed in 2022, and its next self-study evaluation is due in academic year 2029-2030. For details, visit flcc.edu/accreditation.
Spring Semester 2023
Application deadline is 4 PM on January 13, 2023
Registration deadline is noon on January 20, 2023
Classes begin on January 23, 2023