Food and Beverage Management
As a student in this program, you are required to complete a minimum of 32 credit hours with a grade point average of no lower than C (2.0).
For this certificate, you must successfully complete:
- ACC 101 Principles of Financial Accounting
- BUS 224 Human Resource Management
- CUL 100 Culinary Fundamentals
- CUL 105 Culinary Fundamentals Lab
- CUL 120 Foodservice Sanitation
- CUL 140 Beverage Fundamentals
- CUL 190 Food and Beverage Cost Controls
- HOS 100 Introduction to Tourism
- HOS 105 Orientation to Hospitality
- HOS 160 Bar and Beverage Management
- HOS 220 Hospitality Marketing and Sales
- HPE 111 First Aid and Basic Life Support
- 4 credits Approved Elective*
- Non-credit Program Requirement: 300 hours of Work Experience**
*Approved electives are any course with the prefix BUS, CUL, and HOS.
** Students are also required to complete 300 hours of work experience in the Culinary/Hospitality Industry while matriculated in the Culinary Arts or Hospitality and Tourism Management degree programs to complement the classroom and laboratory requirements of the programs. For more information, please contact the Technical Specialist for Applied Learning and Internships, Jayden.Donahue@flcc.edu or (585)785-1792.