Online Student Engagement
Near or far, we have exciting co-curricular opportunities for all Lakers! Connect with fellow students, study with peers, and participate in student life events wherever you are. Explore your options below, or contact the Student Life Office to learn more about virtual events.
Upcoming Virtual Events
Join Our Online Communities
Engage with our co-curricular events, student communities, and college traditions even when you can't make it to campus.
Attend Club Events Online
Our 20+ student clubs have something for everyone. Many club activities have online and hybrid options, so you can meet new people and build connections from anywhere.
You may also create a club specifically designed for online students. Student Life has the resources to get you started.
Cheer on (or Join) the Esports Team
Watch the Lakers Esports team live online. If you're a gamer, apply to join the Esports team, where you'll have the unique opportunity to be a college athlete from a distance.
We compete in a variety of games such as: Valorant, Rocket League, Smash Ultimate, Hearthstone, and Rainbow 6 Siege.
Check Out Student Discords
Hang out with your friends and classmates online. Many FLCC student groups use Discord to stay in touch online.
Check out these communities to get started:
Follow Us on Social Media
Stay up-to-date with all things Student Life. Join online conversations, receive event notifications, and learn more about upcoming student activities.
Win prizes by participating in trivia, learn self-care strategies you can use at home, and connect with your classmates.
Other Online Activities
- Guided Meditations from UCLA
- Active Minds provides free self-care resources on their website
- Take up journaling by using some of these Daring to Live Fully writing prompts
- Action for Happiness monthly happiness calendar and additional resources
- UC Berkeley Greater Good Science Center monthly happiness calendar
- 305 Fitness maintains a free YouTube library of workouts
- Gold's Gym offers free on-demand video workouts
- Core Power Yoga provides a selection of free yoga classes
Music and Media
- Stream films on Kanopy for free with your FLCC credentials, courtesy of Charles J. Meder Library
- Host a Teleparty with friends
- Create a collaborative playlist on Spotify
- Sing karaoke online with SingSnap
Free Online Games
- Play free board games online with Pogo or Poki
- Hogwarts Digital Escape Room
- Find free board games with this infographic
- Browse online events available on Eventbrite
- Take cooking lessons with Kitchn's Cooking School or Cooking with The New York Times
- Tour Mars with the Mars Curiosity Rover
- Virtual Field Trip to Ellis Island
- Tour the White House and enjoy other resources on its history
- Ride Virtual Disneyland attractions
- Visit Blarney Castle online
- Visit Cliffs of Moher online
- Watch the Aurora Borealis Northern Lights webcam
- Visit LEGOLAND Florida online
- Visit Sea World Florida online
- Visit Universal Studios Florida online
- Tour Yellowstone
- Tour Kenai Fjords National Park in Alaska
- Tour Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Tour Carlsbad Caverns National Park in New Mexico
- Tour Bryce Canyon National Park in Utah
- Tour Dry Tortugas National Park in Florida
- Tour the British Museum
- Tour the Louvre in Paris
- Tour museums, explore famous sites, play games, and more with Google Arts and Culture
- Bring history to life with this collection of videos from Colonial Williamsburg
Animal Web Cams at Zoos and Aquariums
- Visit the San Diego Zoo online
- Visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium online
- Visit the Smithsonian's National Zoo & Conservation Biology Institute online
- Visit the New England Aquarium online
- Watch Atlanta's Zoo Panda cam
- Visit the Georgia Aquarium online
- Watch Explore.org Live Web Cams
- Watch every episode of Bob Ross: The Joy of Painting on YouTube
- Relax with free coloring books from over 100 museums
- Download a Disney coloring book
- Read a Poem-a-Day, published by contemporary poets
- Get inspired and learn something new from a TED Talk
- Discover what you can do with different majors
- Take free online Ivy League courses
Books and Media
- Borrow an eBook from our local library system
- Access the New York Public Library's eBook collection (for New York state residents)
- Access thousands of free eBooks, including many classics, with Project Gutenberg
- Browse over 1 million free eBooks on Open Library
- Download a free audiobook from LibriVox
Parents and Kids
- Explore Home Depot activities for kids
- Check out Scholastic Learn at Home
- Complete free or affordable activities for kids from Parents.com
FLCC Education and Career Resources
- FLCC's Academic Success and Access Programs office is online and ready to help
- FLCC's Charles J. Meder Library assistance is available through online chat
- FLCC's Career Services offers Handshake so you can job search 24/7
- Wood Library in Canandaigua offers a variety of programming for all ages, both in-person and online
- CampusROC curates a list of events for students at all colleges in the Greater Rochester Area
- Find volunteer opportunities through the United Way in your local community
- Visit our Volunteer Opportunities page for organizations in need of help in the FLCC service area
Online Student Health and Wellness
Virtual Care from Anywhere
FLCC is excited to offer TimelyCare – a new telehealth program for students. The service provides access to virtual 24/7 medical and mental health care from anywhere, and with no cost to enrolled students!
Get on-demand support from counselors, doctors, nurse practitioners, and more. Services include unlimited medical, TalkNow, psychiatry (with referral), and health coaching visits, and up to 12 counseling appointments.
To learn more, and activate your free account, you can download this guide, watch a demo video, or visit the TimelyCare website.
Mon-Thu: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Fri: 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Virtual/Remote Services currently available. Please contact us by email or phone.
Connect with Us