International Student Admissions Information
Finger Lakes Community College welcomes students from around the world to pursue their education. We offer a small, safe, and affordable option to earn your degree — all in the heart of New York's Finger Lakes region.
Below outlines the necessary steps to apply to FLCC. Your application and all supplemental materials must be received in the Admissions Office by December 1 to be considered for the Spring Semester, and by June 1 for the Fall Semester.
If you have any questions, please contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are eager to help you explore why FLCC is a great choice!
Application Requirements for F1 Status
1. Submit Your General Admissions Application
- Visit www.flcc.edu/apply to start your admissions application.
- Select F1 Visa when prompted in the Citizenship Section.
- If you need a PDF version of our online application, you can request one at email@example.com.
FLCC requires specific supplemental materials to accurately review international student applications
2. Submit an International Student Supplemental Application
- Download the International Student Supplemental Application
- Complete and sign all pages and mail to the Admissions Office.
- The Financial Statement requires you to include signed, official, bank statements.
3. Send Us Your TOEFL Scores
- Order official TOEFL scores and send to Finger Lakes Community College.
- If you are a native English speaker, and believe you may be exempt, send your transcripts to the Admissions Office and request a consideration for exemption. Decisions are made on a case-by-case basis.
4. Send Us Your Transcripts
- Mail official copies of your high school transcripts (signed or sealed), diploma, and relevant exams to the Admissions Office. Documents not in English must include a certified translation.
- College transcripts require evaluation by a NACES accredited agency, such as WES, to be eligible for transfer.
5. Provide a Copy of Your Passport
- Send a copy of your passport to the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail it with your other supplemental materials.
FLCC Admissions Office Mailing AddressFinger Lakes Community College
3325 Marvin Sands Dr
Canandaigua, NY 14424
United States of America
You're Accepted! What's Next?
Once you've been accepted to FLCC, we'll send you an acceptance letter, along with enrollment deposit instructions. After you have paid the deposit, we will send you the I-20, instructions to apply for an F1 Visa, and tips on making your travel arrangements.
Thinking about housing? Consider The Suites at Laker Landing, just a short walk from your classes and campus activities. There is a separate application for The Suites, and rooms are not guaranteed, so it is important to apply for housing once you make a decision. You must be accepted to FLCC before you apply for housing.