Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.)
Advertising and marketing are essential for organizations as they seek to expand their market share. Learn the dynamics of the business world, explore the changing demographics of the marketplace, and develop the marketing skills you'll need for career success.
A.A.S. Program Overview
FLCC's A.A.S. Marketing degree program offers several advantages. Most of the required business courses have 25 or fewer students enrolled providing the opportunity for you, your classmates, and our faculty to get to know each other. This versatile degree program will prepare you for a variety of entry-level marketing jobs or for continued studies in the field.
Your coursework will focus on the latest business trends and marketing techniques and technology, and you will also have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience through a business internship.
Local Internship Opportunities
Internship opportunities at local businesses will give you the opportunity to develop your work ethic while allowing you to network in the field. Some businesses offering local internships include:
- J.C. Penney
- Tops Friendly Markets
Field Trips: Trips to the Toronto Eaton Centre, Eastview Mall in Victor, and Market Street in Corning, make for meaningful connections between coursework and real-life situations.
Online Courses Available
Over 75% of our Marketing courses are available online. Online learning provides a convenient and flexible way to earn an education. Study on your time and from a location that fits your busy schedule. Learn more about FLCC online learning.
A.A.S. Program Outcomes
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this degree program, students will be able to:
- Identify core concepts of marketing and the role of marketing in business and society.
- Apply knowledge of social, legal, ethical and technological forces on marketing decision-making.
- Demonstrate an appreciation for the global nature of marketing and appropriate measures to operate effectively in international settings.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop marketing strategies based on product, price, place and promotion objectives.
- Demonstrate the ability to create an integrated marketing communications plan which includes promotional strategies and measures of effectiveness.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate the unique marketing mixes and selling propositions for specific product offerings.
- Demonstrate the ability to construct a professional interactive oral sales presentation.
- Demonstrate the ability to formulate marketing strategies that incorporate psychological and sociological factors which influence consumers.
- Demonstrate the ability to collect, process, and analyze consumer data to make informed marketing decisions.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze marketing problems and provide solutions based on a critical examination of marketing information.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge and skills to real-world experiences in an internship or job.
Graduates of the marketing program are often hired for entry-level management and marketing positions at local businesses and national chains. The knowledge and work experience gained during your program experience will help you move into higher levels of management and in addition will prepare you for the process of starting your own small business.
Seamless Transfer Opportunities
If you choose to further your education by transferring into a four-year degree program in a business-related field, some transfer options include:
- Nazareth College
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- St. John Fisher University
- SUNY Geneseo
Low-Cost Tuition and Scholarship Opportunities
Earn a quality education at an affordable rate. With our low cost-per-credit and general scholarship opportunities, you can maximize your potential with minimal debt. Over 75% of FLCC students receive financial awards that reduce the cost of college — or cover it completely!
As a marketing student, you may also be eligible for the following scholarships:
- Canandaigua Rotary Martin Schneider
- Carol Scharett Memorial
For information on these scholarships, contact the FLCC Foundation.
The marketing program coordinator holds a Master of Business Administration degree and has over twenty years of sales and business management experience. He currently serves as the regional vice president of the Association of Marketing Educators. Prior to his title as regional vice president, he was the president of the Association of Marketing Educators.
Explore Your Career Options
Map out a path toward your future career, and discover opportunities related to this area of study.