Academic Probation Overload Appeal

If you have been placed on academic probation as a result of your academic performance and are currently limited to a maximum of 13 credit hours, you may request to keep a course schedule of 14 or more credit hours for the next semester by filing a Probation Overload Request.

Back to top

Application for Graduation

Please visit the Applying for Graduation web page for detailed information on graduation.

Back to top

Application for a Second Degree

Currently enrolled students wishing to complete a second major should complete the Application for Second Degree form.

Back to top

Change of Address

Address changes can be submitted online using WebAdvisor, or by submitting an address change form to the One Stop Center, Newark Campus Center or Geneva Campus Center

Back to top


Change of Advisor/Request an Advisor

At the time of initial enrollment, all full-time students are assigned an advisor in their degree area. Students wishing to request a change of advisor may do so by completing a Change of Advisor form.

Back to top

Change of Degree

Students wishing to change their degree program should complete a Change of Major form.

Back to top


Change of Name

To request a change of your legal name on your academic record, please complete the name change form. Please note, appropriate documentation must accompany your request (see form).

Back to top

Cross Registration

As a member of the Rochester Area Colleges, Inc. (RAC), Finger Lakes Community College participates in the cross-registration program. Any full-time matriculated student at FLCC is entitled to register (without additional tuition) in courses offered by any of the member colleges of RAC. Additional information on cross registration is available in the College catalog. Forms for cross registration are available at the One Stop Center.

Back to top

Course Cancellations

Finger Lakes Community College reserves the right to cancel courses due to inadequate enrollment. If you should register for a course that is cancelled, you will be notified of the cancellation. Full tuition refunds will be made if the College cancels the course and you cannot substitute a suitable course.

Back to top

Course Drops/Adds

Once a class begins, students must request permission from the instructor to be added into the class, even if it is only a change of course section. Once permission is given, the instructor will sign a Drop/Add form to indicate permission.  The completed, instructor signed drop/add form can be returned to the One Stop Center, Geneva Campus Center, or Newark Campus Center.   Instructor permission for online courses can be obtained by emailing the instructor.  Once permission is granted, instructors can email to indicate permission; the Registrar’s Office will process the add from the email.

Check the College calendar for deadlines associated with the drop/add process.

Back to top

Enrollment Verification

FLCC submits monthly electronic reports of enrollment status to the National Student Clearinghouse for transmission to lenders. You may check your information at

Enrollment Verification forms are available at the Student Records Office, the Newark Campus Center and Geneva Campus Center, and should be mailed or dropped off at the Student Records Office when completed..

Back to top

FERPA (Family Education Rights and Privacy Act)

Pursuant to the requirements of the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), the following policies apply to student educational records. The policies are administered under the authority of the Dean of Student Services.

  1. The right to inspect and review the student's education records within 45 days of the day the College receives a request for access.
    Students should submit to the Registrar written requests that identify the record(s) they wish to inspect. The Registrar will make arrangements for access and notify the student of the time and place where the records may be inspected. If the Registrar does not maintain the records, the Registrar shall advise the student of the correct College official to whom the request should be addressed.
  2. The right to request an amendment to the student's education records if the student believes they are inaccurate or misleading.
    Students should write the College official responsible for the record, clearly identify the part of the record they want changed, and specify why it is inaccurate or misleading.
    If the College decides not to amend the record as requested by the student, the College will notify the student of the decision and advise the student of his/her right to a hearing regarding the request for amendment. Additional information regarding the hearing procedures will be provided.
  3. The right to consent to disclosures of personally identifiable information contained in the student's education records, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent.
    1. One exception, which permits disclosure without consent, is disclosure to school officials with legitimate educational interest. A school official is a person employed by the College in an administrative, supervisory, academic or research, or support staff position (including Campus Safety personnel and health staff); a person or company with whom the College has contracted (such as an attorney, auditor or collection agent); a person serving on the Board of Trustees; or a student serving on an official committee, such as a disciplinary or grievance committee, or assisting another school official in performing his or her tasks. A school official has a legitimate educational interest if the official needs to review an education record in order to fulfill his or her professional responsibility.
    2. Upon request, the college discloses education records without consent to officials of another school in which a student seeks to enroll.
    3. The College designates the following as Directory Information and will release it without prior written consent unless the student has informed the College in writing during the annual notification period* that he/she does not want his/her directory information released: Name; Address; E-mail Address; Telephone Number; Photograph or Likeness; Date and Place of Birth; Major Field of Study; Participation in Officially Recognized Activities and Sports; Weight and Height (for members of athletic teams); Dates of Attendance at FLCC; Degrees, Certificates and Awards Received; the most recent previous educational agency or institution attended by the student.
      The annual notification period is from the start of the Fall semester through October 15. New students entering after the Fall semester must notify the Student Records Office within 3 weeks of the start of the semester that they do not want their directory information released. While students are attending FLCC they must file the notification to withhold directory information annually during the Fall semester. Forms for this purpose are available from the Student Records Office.
  4. The right to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education concerning alleged failures by Finger Lakes Community College to comply with the requirements of FERPA.
    The address of the Office that administers FERPA is:

Family Policy Compliance Office
U.S. Department of Education
600 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20202-4605

Back to top

Off-Campus Supplemental Programs

Rochester Area Colleges Cross Registration

As a member of the Rochester Area Colleges, Inc. (RAC), Finger Lakes Community College participates in the cross-registration program.  Full-time matriculated students at Finger Lakes Community College may cross register at a number of Rochester area colleges without applying for admission to that college.  The course selected must not be offered at Finger Lakes Community College, and it must be an integral part of the student’s program.  Details and registration forms are available in the One Stop Center.

United States Air Force ROTC

Through the Rochester Area Colleges consortium, full-time matriculated students at Finger Lakes Community College are eligible to participate in the Air Force ROTC program and compete for scholarships.  These are elective courses that prepare students for leadership in civilian or military careers.

Students awarded AFROTC scholarships are entitled to additional benefits including non-taxable monthly stipends and money for books.  Students also have the opportunity to participate in Professional Development Training around the world during the summer months.  Successful graduates are guaranteed at least four years of active duty leadership experience as Air Force officers.

Contact information for details on classes and scholarship opportunities is provided below:

Air Force ROTC – Rochester Institute of Technology,
17 Lomb Memorial Drive, Rochester, NY 14623-5603
Telephone: (585) 475-5197 or Toll Free at (877) 423-7682

Back to top


Registration for Classes

Priority Registration (Pre-registration) periods are open to students currently enrolled at the college to permit them to register for courses in advance of the general public. Currently enrolled students receive an email informing them of their priority registration date. Students who are enrolling for full-time study (12 credits or more) must have an advisor's signature to register.
Please check the Registration Information page for more specific information.

Back to top

Transfer Evaluations

FLCC'S transfer policy allows students who have accumulated credit at other accredited post-secondary institutions or through other non-traditional means (testing programs, military experience, etc.) to apply that credit towards certificate and degree programs. An official transcript of the prior credit earned must be received before transfer credit will be granted. Upon evaluation of the official transcript, the student will be notified in writing of courses accepted toward their FLCC degree program.

To receive credit for military training or military positions, submit a copy of your DD-214, military transcript, or evaluation of credits done by the American Council for Education (ACE).

Students enrolled in degree programs must complete at least 32 credits at FLCC. Students enrolled in Certificate Programs must complete at least 12 hours at FLCC.

Back to top

Transcript Request

Please visit the transcript request web page for detailed information on requesting transcripts.

Back to top

Contact Us

One Stop Center
Room 1045
(585) 785-1000
(585) 785-1735

Mon-Thu: 8:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Fri: 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Walk Ins Welcome.

Campus Center
One Stop Services

Virtual/Remote Services currently available. Please contact us by email or phone.