Early College Scholars Scholarship
Rising high school juniors and seniors and homeschooled students can now get up to 100 percent off tuition for summer classes.
Scholarship Details for Summer 2020
Students who meet income guidelines can earn a scholarship covering full tuition. For example, students could save tuition for a typical three-credit course, which is $591.
The scholarship does not cover course fees and books. Students will need to pay a $37 per-credit-hour fee (or $111 for a three-credit course), plus the cost of books and materials.
The funding for this scholarship is provided by the FLCC Foundation, which raises private sector support for educational programming.
Summer Session Dates and Courses
Four-week summer sessions begin on June 22 and July 20. A six-week summer session begins on July 6.
All summer classes are taught online – most online courses can be taken on your own schedule, while others are scheduled online lectures at a specific date and time. Available courses include several introductory level classes: Public Speaking, Introduction to Programming, English 101, Early Western Civilization, Pre-Calculus and Introduction to Nutrition.
To be eligible for the scholarship applicants must:
- Meet our income guidelines to earn a full tuition scholarship. If you do not meet the income threshold, you may still be eligible for a 50% tuition scholarship.
- Be 18 years of age or under and enrolled in an approved homeschool or high school curriculum
- Maintain an overall 2.5 FLCC GPA
- Satisfy FLCC course prerequisites and placement testing requirements
- Adhere to the Student Code of Conduct and all FLCC policies
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, but students are encouraged to apply early to ensure course enrollment.
- Scholarship funding is limited and available on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Scholarship funds cannot be used for audited or repeated courses.
- Scholarship funds will not be applied until all paperwork has been submitted. Scholarship funds will not be awarded once the course(s) has started.
- Scholarship funds will be dispersed directly to the recipient's FLCC student account. Scholarships are not automatically renewable, but students may apply for the scholarship in subsequent semesters.
- Scholarship funds cannot be applied towards books or fees.
- All courses are subject to meeting minimum enrollment levels in order to run.
- Dependents of full-time FLCC employees are not eligible for the scholarship.