Computer Information Systems
Associate in Science (A.S.)
Tech-savvy professionals play a critical role helping organizations run more efficiently. With a Computer Information Systems degree, you'll be one step closer to landing your dream job as a tech expert.
Envision yourself building software for a company. Imagine a career designing computer information systems so that organizations can run more efficiently. With your A.S. in Computer Information Sciences, you'll be off and running towards an exciting career in this rapidly growing field.
This program takes an applied approach to learning, allowing you to explore many different areas of computer science. You'll work with information systems, develop new software, and build a repertoire of programming languages. This degree is tailored for analytical thinkers who share a strong interest in technology and data, and you'll graduate with the skills to get where you need to go.
Online learning provides a convenient and flexible way to earn an education. Study on your time and from a location that fits your busy schedule. FLCC's Computer Information Systems degree is available partially online, so you can complete courses outside the classroom.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this degree program, students will be able to:
- Apply computational concepts and analytical thinking in the development of computer algorithms and solutions.
- Compare information systems and technologies used in organizations, explaining their impact on the success of organizations.
- Apply computer algorithms and solutions to solve theoretical problems in businesses and/or organizational operations.
- Analyze the social context of computing as it impacts individuals, organizations and society (including ethical, legal, security and global policy issues).
There are many avenues you can take with your Computer Information Systems degree after FLCC. Most grads move on to a four-year school.
The colleges listed below all offer bachelor's in information systems or closely related programs.
- SUNY Brockport
- Buffalo State
- Farmingdale State College
- SUNY Fredonia
- SUNY Old Westbury
- SUNY Plattsburgh
- SUNY Polytechnic Institute
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- Stony Brook University
This program is for those who have a passion for computers, including hardware and software. Whether you see yourself creating the next hit app or keeping computer systems running smoothly, FLCC will prepare you for careers in this broad and dynamic field.
Your education will also prepare you for advanced degree opportunities in:
- Computer Information Systems
- Computing Information Technology
- Computer Science
- Information Management
- Web and Mobile Computing
"Computer Information Systems has been incredible in learning the basics of programming so early on. Every semester allows me to expand upon that knowledge to create programs I never imagined."