Options for Undecided Students
So you are not sure of your major, you are not alone!
- 25-50% of students entering college are unsure of their major
- About 75% of college students will change their major at least once and others two or three times.
- Nearly 50% of graduates change their career plans after college
- Statistics show that students who begin their college career undecided about a major and choose later are more likely to graduate
You can begin exploring your options in our A.A. Liberal Arts and Science degree by choosing the basic introductory classes and some that interest you. View the A.A. Liberal Arts and Science sample schedule and see the variety of options available to you.
We can help you find your path.
Take advantage of the following FLCC resources:
- Career Exploration Days for High school juniors and seniors
- Career Transitions Workshops for returning students
- Visit the FLCC Career Services Office to learn more about yourself, define your goals, investigate career interests, and decide on what you want in a career.
- Ask about our career guidance system which provides occupational information as well as an assessment of your interests, abilities, experiences, and values
- Explore the options and careers for any major
- Take the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and Strong Interest Inventory, and after you complete an assessment, your scores will be interpreted for you and discussed with you at an individual appointment.