FLCC Fast Facts
FLCC is situated in the heart of the Finger Lakes region on a 250-acre main campus in Canandaigua, NY. The College is home to more than 50 areas of study. It is enriched with valuable resources, modern facilities, student opportunities, and much more.
Founded & Opened
- Established in 1965
- Opened for non-credit classes in 1967
- Admitted its first freshman class in 1968
Areas of Study
FLCC offers A.A., A.S., and A.A.S. degrees, as well as several certificate programs
- 6,521 full and part-time students enrolled in Fall 2016
- Students from approximately 350 high schools in New York State and across the United States enrolled at FLCC in Fall 2016
- FLCC employs 117 full-time faculty and 196 part-time faculty members
- 21:1 student to faculty ratio
- 95 percent of 2015 graduates with A.A. and A.S. degrees continued their education or are employed
- 60 percent continued their education and 35 percent are employed
- 93 percent of 2015 graduates with A.A.S. degrees continued their education or are employed
- 70 percent are employed and 23 percent continued their education
- Approximately 80 percent of FLCC students receive financial aid, representing more than $34 million annually
Standards of Excellence
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
FLCC is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, (267)284-5000. The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
The documents describing the accreditation by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, and National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships can be reviewed by request at the reserve desk in the Charles J. Meder library.
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
The nursing program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, Ga. 30326. Phone: (404)975-5000.
New York State Education Department
All courses of instruction at FLCC are registered with the New York State Education Department Office of Higher Education.