Student Health Services
Student Health Services is part of a nationwide initiative to embrace evidence-based health and wellness services for students in collaboration with campus and community partners. Our services include best-practice protocols and programs for prevention, free and gentle treatment of priority health problems which impact student academic performance.
Student Health Programs
Wellness care, prevention, treatment, and counseling are provided under the direction of a registered nurse. Use the student health portal to schedule a visit for common illnesses (cold & flu), injuries, mental health concerns, and healthy living consultations.
You can quit smoking. All the tools are here.
Choose what works for you and do it your way:
- Visit Student Health Services and revel in support and compassion.
- Bring a Quit Buddy. You may bring your roommate, classmate, best friend, or sweetheart. Research shows (and students tell us) that students with a support system can have an easier time becoming smoke-free.
- Phone alone. Call your compassionate Student Health nurse for an assessment and Quit Plan.
- Access help online. The Truth Initiative has developed innovative and interactive tools to help you quit using nicotine. The National Cancer Institute sponsors online and phone help. Visit SmokeFree.gov or call 1-877-44U-QUIT (1-877-448-7848).
Who is Eligible for the Smoking Cessation Program at FLCC?
All FLCC students are eligible for assistance from Student Health Services. You can bring along your Quit Buddy, even if your support person is not a student. Your friends are our friends.
How to Get Started
- Stop by Student Health Services and make an appointment
- Call (585)785-1297 and leave a message with Student Health Services
- Send us a message through the FLCC Student Health Portal and we will respond to you
FLCC Promotes Student Health
Student Health Services offers personal and confidential wellness care, health counseling, care of health problems, and direct, accessible, low cost medical care referrals. We also provide alcohol, drug and violence prevention, including brief alcohol/drug educational counseling, screening, intervention and referral for any student in need.
Our office works in conjunction with all campus departments to promote students working with the community in positive ways and celebrating life without abuse of alcohol, drugs and other destructive activities.
Warning Signs & When to Get Help
Difficulty adjusting to college life, unexplained crying, bursts of anger or irritability, dramatic drop-off in academic performance, loss of interest in previously enjoyed activities, desire to avoid the company of others, use of alcohol/drugs to cope, disrupted sleep or other disturbing changes are warning signs for developing health problems.
If you experience any of these, call Student Health Services at (585) 785-1297. We will help you any way we can!
Student Health Services is responsible for compliance with the New York State Immunization Law. Visit our Immunization Requirements page for detailed information.
If you plan to register for an in-person course, participate in on-campus activities, or live at The Suites at Laker Landing, you must submit proof of immunity against Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) and Meningococcal Meningitis (or complete a waiver form). COVID-19, influenza, and mpox vaccinations are strongly encouraged for students.
Virtual Care from Anywhere
FLCC is excited to offer TimelyCare – a new telehealth program for students. The service provides access to virtual 24/7 medical and mental health care from anywhere, and with no cost to enrolled students!
Get on-demand support from counselors, doctors, nurse practitioners, and more. Services include unlimited medical, TalkNow, psychiatry (with referral), and health coaching visits, and up to 12 counseling appointments.
Student Health Portal
Schedule appointments, submit health related documents, and track your own wellness history through our secure student health portal.