Summer Classes at FLCC
Explore FLCC's affordable and convenient online summer classes. Catch up or get ahead before next semester, and choose from a wide range of popular courses. Credits earned apply toward an FLCC program or transfer easily!
Summer Session 2023 Dates & Offerings
Our online summer courses are easy to access, fit into your personal schedule, and are taught by faculty who understand the needs of online learners. You'll benefit from quality instruction and a dedicated team offering you IT support, tutoring services, and help desk resources.
Classes offered May - July. Only $238 per credit hour (NYS residents)
- 4-week sessions begin May 25, June 22, and July 17
- 6-week sessions begin May 25 and July 6
- 12-week sessions begin May 25
Registration deadline for summer courses is the business day before the course starts.
Apply credits toward an FLCC degree or certificate program, or transfer them back to your home institution if you're not an FLCC student.
In-Demand Courses - We offer classes in a range of subject areas - ASL, biology, business, calculus, chemistry, economics, French, healthcare, physics, psychology, Spanish, statistics, and more!
Course Registration Instructions
Step 1: Choose Your Courses
Browse our course listing by term, subject, location, or day of the week. Identify the course(s) you want to take and write down each Course Code Number for reference.
Step 2: Understand Prerequisite Requirements
When you search for courses, please make a note of any prerequisite course requirements (courses you must complete before enrolling in another course).
If you completed a prerequisite already, you'll need to submit proof of completion (schedule or unofficial transcript) to the One Stop Center. Please email email@example.com and include your name, the course you're registering for, and the term.
Step 3: Register for Classes Based on Your Student Status
Non-Degree Seeking Students — from Another College or FLCC
This registration process is for students from another college who want to take a class and transfer credits elsewhere. It is also for current FLCC students who are not seeking a degree or financial aid.
- Begin the Instant Enrollment Form.
- Search and select REG 101.
- Add to your cart.
- Provide your personal and contact information and answer some final questions.
You'll receive instructions on how to create your MyFLCC account and how to officially register for your courses.
Don't have a social security number? Use this account creation form instead.
Current, Degree-Seeking FLCC Students
This registration process is for current FLCC degree-seeking students looking to catch up or get ahead on classes.
- Meet with your Academic Advisor to discuss the courses you want to take, and to have your advising hold lifted.
- Log in to MyFLCC using your FLCC username and password.
- Select Student Planning and begin a Search for Courses. Use the "filter results" section to determine class availability based on location or format.
- Select View Available Sections and choose the course section you want. Click Add Section to Schedule and then select Add Section to confirm your choice.
- Select Academics and then Register for Classes. You will now be on the Schedule View.
- Select Register Now to register for all your courses at once. Classes that are successfully registered will turn from yellow to green. Online classes will appear at the bottom of your schedule.
New York State residents are required to provide proof of residency annually, which verifies you have been a NYS resident for one year prior to registration. This allows us to understand your current residency status and bill you appropriately. For example, if you register for classes without a valid Certificate of Residence on file, you will be charged out-of-state tuition rates.
We're proud to offer quality course instruction at a cost that makes pursuing an education accessible and affordable. In many cases, our visiting students pay less for coursework at FLCC than they do at their home institution.
For winter or summer session courses, students pay our standard part-time rate, which includes tuition and standard fees for NYS residents, plus any additional fees for specific courses, labs, and online instruction. For more information about the cost of a specific course, visit the Cost of Attendance page.
Access Your Bill
If you plan to register for an in-person course or participate in on-campus activities, you must submit proof you are up-to-date on vaccinations for COVID-19, Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), and Meningococcal Meningitis (or complete a waiver form).
Brightspace is FLCC's learning management system and is your primary tool for performing a number of activities related to your registered courses — access course materials, complete assignments, track your course progress, connect with instructors and classmates, and more. You'll use your Brightspace account no matter if your course is delivered in-person, 100% online, hybrid, or HyFlex.
- Download the Brightspace Pulse app from Google Play or Apple App Store. After download, choose "SUNY" as your institution and use your FLCC username and password to log in.
- A week before classes begin, log in to Brightspace to view your course syllabus and course assignments for all your registered courses. If you need assistance or you are unable to log in, contact the Help Desk at (585) 785-1419 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current degree-seeking FLCC students should talk with the One Stop Office to inquire about the availability of aid for classes.
For information about books required for your classes, visit www.flcc.edu/bookstore. Books are available for purchase through the FLCC bookstore approximately two weeks before the beginning of your classes.