Become a Certified Production Technician
Demand for highly qualified production workers is on the rise in your community. Earn our Certified Production Technician (CPT) certification in 16 weeks, and get started right away on a well-paying career with advancement potential.
Training That Fits Your Life
Whether you're looking to enter manufacturing or seeking a promotion in the field, a CPT certification proves that you've mastered the skills, can do the work, and are ready for growth opportunities.
FLCC's CPT program is flexible, located near you, and designed to set you on a path for stable, gainful employment in manufacturing. We provide all the technology you need to complete your training, along with a convenient location in your neighborhood. In 16 weeks, you'll be ready to:
- Bring immediate value to employers who are ready to hire you
- Gain advanced skills to make state-of-the-art products
- Contribute to cutting-edge products in medicine, transportation, space exploration, aeronautics, and other industries
Learn More Today
Complete the form below to receive updates on future Certified Production Technician training in your area.
CPT is the national certification supported by the National Association of Manufacturers, and is the industry standard for frontline manufacturing jobs.
The entire program can be completed in about 16 weeks. You can attend class at a location near you, or at home if you have a computer and broadband internet access.
The course includes instructor-led virtual training and in-person labs for hands-on learning, and is broken up into different sections. You'll learn about:
- Manufacturing and Safety – OSHA Standards, production teams, training and leadership
- Quality and Measurement – Blueprint reading, quality measurement processes, problem solving
- Manufacturing Processes – Mechanical principles and linkages, machine processes, tooling and operations, production planning, workflow and control
- Maintenance Awareness – Machine fundamentals and maintenance, basic electrical circuits and measurements, machine automation and control concepts
At the end of these sections, you can take your certification exam. Upon passing, you'll be awarded your Certified Production Technician (CPT) credential.
This CPT training option is supported by the national BRIDGES Rural Initiative – a program that helps community colleges open education and training opportunities to more people. FLCC is one of five community colleges in the country selected to participate.
We call our program Finger Lakes GRIT – Growing Rural Infrastructure Together. This program combines FLCC's instruction and technology knowhow with partners who provide space and internet access. Our current partners include:
- The Bloomfield Operations Center Learning Lab, 1 Oakmount Avenue, Bloomfield. This location develops strong working partnerships with the community, area businesses and agencies to provide opportunities for all residents.
- Yates County Workforce Development Office, 417 Liberty St, Penn Yan. This location is committed to quality programs that serve the Penn Yan business community and assists individuals with their employment and educational needs.
If you'd like to be a future host site, please contact Todd Sloane at email@example.com.