Part-Time Programs at FLCC
Every program at FLCC is available on a part-time or full-time schedule. This flexibility helps you balance school with work, family, and other personal obligations. Learn more about our part-time study options below, and start your college career today.
Part-Time Student Status
At FLCC, you can choose how many classes to take each semester. Alternate between full-time and part-time status as your schedule, finances, and life permits. Whatever your situation, our academic advisors are ready to help you plan a college timeline that works for you.
Note: you are considered a part-time student at FLCC if you take up to 11 credit hours in a single academic semester.
Advantages of Part-Time Study
- Balance work, family, and school — stay on top of your other life responsibilities while completing college courses.
- Flexible course schedules — learning at your own pace may help you get the most out of your education.
- Control the cost of college — paying per-class tuition spreads out the cost of your education to make it more manageable.
- Enhance your resume — apply skills in your current workplace as you learn them, and make yourself more valuable to employers.
Part-Time Study Options
Degrees and Certificates
Earn any degree or certificate as a part-time student. Enroll in the same courses, learn from the same instructors, and access the same networking opportunities as our full-time students. The only real difference is how many credits you take each semester.
Develop new skills and launch a professional career quickly. Industry-specific programs help you finish your education in as little as six weeks. Earn valuable credentials in healthcare, manufacturing, construction, information technology, and more.
Choose How to Attend Class
FLCC uses cutting-edge digital technology to deliver a variety of online, in-person, and hybrid course offerings. Gain extra flexibility through programs that allow you to complete 50% to 100% of the degree’s requirements through convenient online and remote study.
Part-Time Costs and Financial Aid
Earn a quality education at an affordable rate. Part-time students pay for college by credit hour and have access to many of the same scholarships and financial aid opportunities as full-time students. Maximize your potential with minimal debt. Over 75% of FLCC students receive financial awards that help reduce the cost of college — or cover it completely!
Our financial aid counselors can guide you through the process so you can focus on building a successful future. Use our Net Price Calculator to see how much you can save compared to other schools.
How to Get Started
- Choose from over 50 in-demand degree and certificate programs that can be taken in-person, online, or a blend of both.
- Schedule a personalized campus visit to discuss your interests and learn how to start the admissions and enrollment process.
- Apply to FLCC in minutes. There is no application fee, and we review applications as they are received.
Mon-Thu: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Fri: 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Walk Ins Welcome.
Virtual/Remote sessions and appointments are available. Register Online.