Health Care Studies: Public Health Management Track
Associate in Science (A.S.)
As a student in this program, you are required to complete a minimum of 62-64 semester hours with a grade point average of no lower than C (2.0).
For this degree program, you must successfully complete the following:
- HCS 153 Fundamentals of Health Care
- HCS 154 Medical Terminology
- HCS 270 Ethical Considerations in Health Care
- HPE 111 First Aid and Basic Life Support
- HPE 212 Health
- 1 credit of Health/Physical Education (HPE) Elective
- CSC 134 Core Word
- CSC 135 Core Excel
- ENG 101 Composition I
- ENG 103 Composition II
- NS 115 Introduction to Nutrition
- PSY 100 Introduction to Psychology
- PSY 200 Life Span Development
- SOC 100 Introduction to Sociology
- 3 credits SUNY General Education approved course in American Sign Language or Spanish
- 3 credits SUNY General Education approved course in Oral Communication
- 3 credits SUNY General Education approved course from one of the following categories:
- US History and Civic Engagement
- World History and Global Awareness
Public Health Management Track
- ACC 101 Principles of Financial Accounting
- BUS 124 Organizational Behavior or BUS 227 Business Law
- ECO 211 Principles of Microeconomics
- MAT 121 Introductory Statistics I or MAT 145 Survey of Functions I
- 3-4 credits Science Elective*
- 3 credits General Elective (CDC 102 Concepts of Chemical Dependency recommended)
Note: Any student who successfully completes ENG 103 and a general education COM course may receive credit for ENG 125 upon acceptance to the FLCC Nursing program.
*BIO 110 Fundamentals of Human Anatomy & Physiology is recommended for new students, except those with a recent extensive background in Biology.
SUNY General Education Electives
For information on which courses fulfill SUNY General Education Electives and for information on transferring to a four-year school, visit www.flcc.edu/academics/transfer-guidelines/.
See the campus and envision yourself as an FLCC student! FLCC's Admissions Office offers a variety of visit and tour opportunities.
In addition to our Health Care Studies tracks, FLCC offers degrees in Nursing, Human Services, and Kinesiology and Human Performance.