HUM 220 Study Abroad in the French-speaking World
Enjoy international study without leaving home for months at a time or worrying about burdensome financial commitments. This SUNY-accredited course provides a safe two-week travel experience to France!
Features of Studying Abroad with FLCC
First and foremost, you can expect to experience French culture and daily life while having the adventure of a lifetime! Students enrolled in this class travel to France for two weeks in March, with one of those weeks coinciding with Spring Break. Two FLCC faculty members will travel with you, and you’ll stay with a local host family. Your travel experience will feature unique opportunities to enjoy local French cuisine, cultural events, and historical landmarks.
Additionally, you can anticipate:
- Earning three credit hours of a Humanities elective (SUNY credits transfer as Humanities/Liberal Arts)
- An extended stay in Paris that will feature guided tours to museums, monuments, cathedrals, palaces, markets, and cultural events
- Guided excursions to cultural and historical sites in the Brittany and Normandy regions of northwestern France
- Practical and interactive French language lessons
- Opportunities to shadow French students during their school day
- A wide selection of restaurants, markets, and local food
- Homestay accommodations with local host families, including prepared meals
- Free time to explore as you please
All FLCC Students Welcome
HUM 220 is open to all full- and part-time students at FLCC, regardless of field of study or career goals. Previous and/or current study of French is recommended, but not required.
If you’re interested in taking this course, you must complete an application packet, provide two letters of recommendation, and receive instructor permission. Contact Barbara Kruger for more information.
Language Course Offerings
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, Study Abroad courses with HUM prefixes will not be offered during the 2020-2021 academic year
Professor of World Languages