Viticulture and Wine Technology: Viticulture Track
Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.)
Whether you are interested in learning about grape growing or it is your goal to pursue a four-year degree or career in the thriving viticulture field, our Viticulture track program will prepare you to reach your goals. Our program, which is designed for high-achieving students, will equip you with a background of knowledge in grape growing, vineyard management, and winery operations. With your education, you'll be prepared to transfer to Cornell University to further your studies in this field, or you can also explore advanced degree opportunities in viticulture at other four-year institutions.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Viticulture track program, students will be able to:
- Practice fermentation management.
- Appraise and critique sustainable techniques in vineyard management.
- Evaluate scenarios to prevent common viticulture and winemaking problems.
- Compare and appraise the technologies used in vineyard management.
- Develop practical skills used in vineyard management.
- Interpret processes of pest control throughout grape vine phenological cycles.
In your program experience, you'll pursue an internship in a viticulture-related role at a local vineyard between your freshman and sophomore year. Combined with the hands-on portion of this track, you'll also complete a vineyard establishment project as part of your final semester capstone experience.