Viticulture and Wine Technology: Enology Track
Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.)
The wine industry is in high demand and has a growing need for professionals who specialize in winemaking. If your career goal is to land a position in winemaking, pursuing an education in enology will equip you with the background you need to become successful in this exciting field.
At FLCC, we offer an Enology track program that will put you on a path to a successful future in winemaking. This program is designed for hardworking and driven students who intend to transfer into a four-year degree program in enology after FLCC. With your education, you'll be prepared to transfer to Cornell University to further your studies in this field, or you can also explore advanced degree opportunities in enology at other four-year institutions.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Enology track program, students will be able to:
- Practice fermentation management.
- Appraise and critique sustainable techniques in vineyard management.
- Evaluate scenarios to prevent common viticulture and wine making problems.
- Compare and appraise the technologies used in wine making.
- Develop practical skills used in wine making.
- Discuss the ecology of yeast and bacteria as they exist in juice and wine media.
In this track program, you'll gain hands-on experience and engage in a winemaking internship at a local winery in the fall semester of your sophomore year. Included in your studies is a capstone winemaking project. In your capstone project, you will be involved with producing and bottling wine throughout your sophomore year.