Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.)
Acquire valuable leadership skills and learn how to make strategic decisions with a degree in business administration. The A.A.S. degree can enhance your existing administrative career or prepare you for entry-level work.
A.A.S. Program Overview
A business degree creates opportunities for you to pursue a professional career in finance, sales, and management. Learn essential business concepts including accounting, economics, marketing, and business law. Develop the decision-making and leadership skills that potential employers expect to see in their administrators and managers. The A.A.S. program is for students looking to develop essential business skills and enter the workforce immediately upon graduation.
Internship Opportunities with Local Business Leaders
Gain real-world work experience by enrolling in the business administration internship course. This class pairs you with a local management team in an industry of your choice to provide hands-on learning experience prior to graduation. Previous graduates have completed internships at a variety of organizations in the region, including:
- Canandaigua Chamber of Commerce
- Canandaigua National Bank
- City of Geneva
- National Bank of Geneva
- Thompson Health
Our Business Administration Degrees are Available 100% Online
In addition to completing your business administration degree in-person, this program is also available 100% online. With online learning, you can study on your time and from a location that fits your busy schedule. Choose this convenient and flexible way to earn an education. Learn more about FLCC online learning.
A.A.S. Program Outcomes
Program Learning Outcomes
- Apply mathematical principles and concepts to solve problems.
- Explore issues, ideas, and data to formulate a plan of action.
- Identify the skills and knowledge necessary for businesses to succeed in the global community.
- Show the ability to identify, evaluate, use, and share information from current event resources.
- Apply marketing concepts as they relate to the marketplace and be able to apply this understanding to an entry-level position.
- Utilize the four basic financial statements and provide a managerial analysis of these statements in anticipation of their entrance into the workplace.
- Demonstrate how a business makes decisions by studying economic trends in anticipation of their entrance into the workplace.
- Apply the accepted process and procedure used to gain an entry-level business position by acquiring business communication skills for entering and being successful in the business community.
- Employ professional values and honesty in preparation for their entrance into the workplace.
With your A.A.S. degree from FLCC, you'll be prepared to enter the job market and pursue entry-level positions in management and administration, or create your own business as an entrepreneur. Some careers include:
- Accounting Assistant
- Human Resource Specialist
- Insurance Agent
- Inventory Manager
- Payroll Clerk
If you'd like to continue your business education at a four-year institution, check out our transfer-friendly A.S. degree in Business Administration. While many individual courses in the A.A.S. program may transfer to a four-year institution, the A.S. program is specially designed to earn you maximum college credit at your next college or university.
Low-Cost Tuition and Scholarship Opportunities
Earn a quality education at an affordable rate. With our low cost-per-credit and general scholarship opportunities, you can maximize your potential with minimal debt. Over 75% of FLCC students receive financial awards that reduce the cost of college — or cover it completely!
Our Business Administration programs also offer department-specific scholarship opportunities, including:
- Carol Scharett Memorial Scholarship
- Canandaigua Rotary Martin Schneider Scholarship
- Dennis Morga Memorial Business scholarship
Our faculty bring years of practical experience in management, marketing, business ownership, and accounting to the classroom. Many of our business administration faculty members have earned a master's degree in business. You'll learn from a dedicated and knowledgeable team of professionals who have expertise in a variety of business fields — including sales, marketing, finance, and human resources.